Reminder - Check Field Status for the City of Pleasanton
If you are uncertain if fields are open for play, please check the City of Pleasanton Field Status:
Phone: (925) 931-5360
Link: Pleasanton - Field Status
PALL DAY ALL DAY
Saturday, May 9th
Bring your swing! The Hit-A-Thon is back!
Players, Managers, Coaches, Umpires and Family alike, all get a chance to make their mark with the longest hit. Incredible prizes will be awarded for the highest donations & the farthest distance hit:
Here's how it works:Players will show up with teams at designated times. Team Coordinators will have schedule. Players will hit off of a tee and judges will determine the distance that the ball travels when it comes to a complete stop.
- BIG LEAGUE MVP - (10 years or older) PALL Player raising the most money will receive a Foothill baseball camp pass AND a free weekend of baseball at STRETCH camp!
- LITTLE LEAGUE MVP - (9 years and younger) PALL Player raising the most money will receive a 2 hour free lesson at Danville Academy and a Brand New Baseball Backpack!
- TEAM CHAMPION - the PALL team raising the most money collectively will receive a Free Pizza Party with Dessert and a field banner with team name!
- GOLDEN GLOVE WINNERS - Any PALL player who raises:
- $25 or more - eye black stickers
- $50 or more - eye black stickers, & wrist bands
- $100 or more - eye black stickers, wrist bands AND a PALL rally towel or PALL beach ball
- BIG STICK AWARD - 1 Player from each level with the farthest hit will win a wooden bat
- *** NEW AWARD "BLUE" AWARD - Umpire with the biggest hit will win a special prize.
- *** NEW AWARD "BABE RUTH AWARD" - The coach with the farthest hit of all other coaches, wins bragging rights and a special trophy!
Players will raise as much money as they can to accumulate the number of "at-bats" they will have and to win great prizes. Our goal is $50 per player.Honor Grandparents and Special Fans on PALL Day!Our Annual celebration to honor those who cheer the loudest when we have a good game and even louder when we don't. Each team will plan their own special way of thanking those who couldn't be more proud of our PALL players. League celebrations will include special pre-game ceremonies and trinkets.Food Truck Extravaganza!To celebrate PALL families, Grandparents and Special Fans, we are bringing the Food Mafia trucks back! Look for them throughout the day....Breakfast/Lunch/Sweets and more...(And PALL makes 10% of every purchase).
- Every PALL player gets the first ball free (every player/coach/grandparent gets an "at bat")
- Players who raise $25 get additional 3 balls, Players who raise $50 get 5 balls and Players who raise $75 get 9 balls (at bats)
- All money collected is turned and turned into your Team Coordinator or Team Parent prior to Hit A Thon on Saturday May 9th (cash or checks accepted made payable to PALL)
Intermediate World Series Returns To Livermore
After a very successful inagural year for the Intermediate League program, Little League International has again chosen Livermore, California to be the host site for the 2015 Intermediate Little League World Series (LLWS).
The Intermediate LLWS, which is for players age 11-13, will be hosted at Max Baer Park, home of Granada Little League. The dates are scheduled for July 29 - August 4.
"We are very excited to have the Intermediate LLWS return to Livermore and the CA District 57 area," said CA57 District Administrator Dave Wetmore. "Last year, Granada was a fabulous host, and all of the CA57 leagues, and the entire Tri-Valley community really came together to put on a tremendous event. With the national television coverage on ESPN, it provided great exposure for our district, our sponsors, and the entire Tri-Valley region. We are looking forward to providing an even better time this year."
Last summer, 10 team from around the world decended upon Livermore for the Intermediate LLWS. The final game,which was broadcast worldwide on ESPN, found the Izumisano LL team from Osaka Japan defeating the Collier Township/Chartiers Valley LL team to take the championship.
Those that are interested in helping sponsor the event should contact Steve Fields at email@example.com
2015 PLEASANTON LITTLE LEAGUE CHALLENGER BASEBALL PROGRAM
The Challenger Division was established in 1989 as a separate division of Little League to enable boys and girls with physical and mental challenges to enjoy the game of baseball along with the millions of other children who participate in this sport worldwide. Today, more than 30,000 players participate in more than 900 Challenger Divisions worldwide.
Each spring, a team of boys and girls get together and play games at the Dublin Sports Park with other local Challenger teams from the east bay area to make it an afternoon they won't forget. The season is typically from late March and finishing up with the Annual Challenger Jamboree over Memorial Day weekend.
Little League's Challenger Program is expanding for the 2015 season. Beginning with the 2015 season, a Senior League Challenger Division for players ages 15 and above (no maximum age) in addition to the Little League Challenger Division, which is available to players age 4-18. Individuals ages 15-18 have the option to participate either in the Little League or Senior League Challenger Division.
GAMES: Each Challenger game consists of two innings. All players bat in their respective half of the inning (no score is kept nor are any strikes, walks or outs). Parents, coaches, family members, friends, all help out and are encouraged to assist the children with batting, fielding, running and throwing as necessary. The players are taught good sportsmanship and very basic fundamentals of the game. Every child hits, runs and scores!
WHAT DO YOU NEED? Each player receives a jersey and a hat with team colors and logo. There is plenty of equipment (bats, balls, helmets, gloves, bases, etc.) for the players to use, but they may bring their own gloves and bats.
NO FEES, JUST FUN, FUN, FUN!!! There are no fees to enroll in Challenger baseball. All that is required is a willing player and family to come out and enjoy America's pastime sport with peers and buddies.
REGISTRATION: You may register with any of the 3 Pleasanton Leagues (league boundaries do not apply) and the player will be place on one of the Challenger teams. You may register at www.pleasantonnational.org, www.pfllonline.org or www.pleasantonamerican.com
CONTACT: Diane Berry (PFLL) firstname.lastname@example.org; Kelly Bosuego (PNLL) email@example.com; Matt Fenzl (PALL) firstname.lastname@example.org